For the dough:
- 1/2 cup warm water (ideally between 105˚F – 110˚F)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (0.25-ounce) package active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or alternative milk of choice)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Coarse salt (optional, for garnish)
- Fresh parsley or cilantro (optional, for garnish)
- In a small bowl, gently stir together water, sugar and yeast. Allow it to activate until it is foamy on top.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer (dough hook), add activated yeast, flour, and remaining ingredients. Beat with dough hook at medium speed until a ball has formed. Remove bowl from mixer and cover with a damp towel. Let sit in a warm place for about 1 hour.
- When dough has doubled in size, divide into eight small balls. Heat a skillet over medium high and stir together garlic and oil.
- Roll each ball to 1/4-inch thickness and place in hot pan, one at a time, brushing with garlic/oil mixture. When dough has started to bubble, flip to other side and brush again with oil. Sprinkle with coarse salt and herbs. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg