This creamy, dairy free frosting is perfect for your next batch of cupcakes or cake. It’s easy to make and delicious – you’ll want to eat it off the spoon! Don’t forget to add some sprinkles for extra fun.
- 1 cup vegetable shortening, or vegan butter
- 2 – 4 tablespoons liquid of choice*
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 – 5 cups powdered sugar
- 3 – 4 tablespoons rainbow, optional
In a large bowl, beat the shortening, sour cream or yogurt and vanilla extract until smooth and fluffy.
Add salt and powdered sugar, about 1 cup at a time, and mix until each addition has been fully incorporated.
*Use your favorite dairy free milk, sour cream or yogurt as liquid (amount will vary based on choice and desired frosting consistency).
Keywords: dairy free, vegan, gluten free, egg free, easy, frosting, dessert