- 12 slices Texas toast
- 3/4 cup dairy free milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of coarse salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dairy free milk, eggs, vanilla extract and coarse salt.
- Heat a large griddle or non-stick skillet to medium.
- Dip each slice of toast into the egg mixture until both sides are evenly coated (about 1 – 2 seconds per side).
- Cook each side of the bread until golden-brown. Repeat until all slices have been cooked.
Optional: Preheat oven to 400˚F. After cooking each slice transfer to a baking sheet and toast all pieces in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Serving Size: 2 slices