These are the best chocolate chip cookie bars. They are soft and chewy, and so easy to make. Plus, this large batch recipe is made in a 9×13 pan, so there’s plenty to go around. #dairyfree #chocolatechipcookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350˚F and line a 9×13″ dish with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat shortening and sugars for about 2 minutes at a medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until combined.
- Add flour mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time, mixing until incorporated, scrapping sides as needed. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Transfer to the baking dish and press firmly until the dough covers the dish evenly. Bake for 22 – 25 minutes, on until the top is fully set.
- Remove from oven and allow chocolate chip cookie bars to cool completely before removing from baking dish.
Keywords: dairy free