These dairy free chocolate chip cookies are made with vegetable oil instead of butter. They’re soft and chewy and taste so good.
Chocolate chip cookies are a necessity in life. They are the first cookies anyone learns to make (at least, I think), and they are a classic for a reason. I started making these dairy free chocolate chip cookies when Marc decided to stop eating dairy. The thing is, I like them so much better than any cookies I ever made with dairy.
They are stop and perfectly chewy (without being too chewy), and they’re really easy to make. No more waiting for the butter to warm up. I can’t tell you how many times I forgot to take the butter out when I wanted to bake.
I made these cookies several times when we were in France, but I wanted to test the recipe here with American ingredients before sharing, just in case the ingredients didn’t match up. But, they did. The only difference is the chocolate chips. In France, I used dark chocolate chips because they’re already hard to come by, but also because I chose ones that didn’t list milk as an ingredient (or allergen).
Here, I have been using Eileen’s semisweet chocolate chips. They aren’t made with milk fat, but I’m not sure if they are considered safe for people with milk allergies (you’ll have to investigate that if it’s something that concerns you). I’ve also recently noticed that the Kirkland’s semisweet chips at Costco are “dairy free” as well. But, I know there are plenty of allergy-free options out there.
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 cups dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350˚F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat sugars, eggs, vanilla at medium speed until fluffy. Add vegetable oil and beat until incorporated.
- In 1/2 cup increments, add flour until incorporated, scraping sides of bowl when necessary. Beat in baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, place balls of cookie dough onto lined baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 9 – 11 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for about 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Recipe adapted from Culinary Couture.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Looking for more dairy free dessert recipes? Try these:
- Creamy Strawberry Watermelon Sorbet
- Lemon Rosemary Olive Oil Cookies
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Carrot Muffins
- Mexican Chocolate Cupcakes
Last Updated on