- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 4-ounce can chopped green chilies
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup cashew cream (see notes)
- 1 cup coconut cream (see notes)
- 1 15-ounce can chili no beans
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Salt, to taste
- 3 – 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high. Add olive oil, chopped green chiles and minced garlic. Saute until fragrant, stirring as needed, about 1 minute.
- Add taco seasoning, coconut cream and cashew cream. Stir until smooth.
- Add chili and diced tomatoes. Stir until smooth. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add nutritional yeast and salt, to taste, and stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes. Top with fresh cilantro before serving.
To make cashew cream: Boil 1 cup of raw cashews in water for 5 – 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool in water. Drain. Blend in a food processor or blender with 1 cup nut milk until smooth, scraping sides as needed.
To make coconut cream: Place 1 can coconut milk in the fridge to cool for several hours. Open can and remove the thicker part of the coconut milk. Discard the remaining “water”.