This is the creamiest dairy-free Alfredo sauce and it only takes 10 minutes. Can be made vegan with vegetable broth.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup cashew cream (see instructions below) or almond milk
- 3/4 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- Black pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet or saucepan, heat olive oil to medium. Add garlic, and sauté until fragrant. Whisk in flour, until it has absorbed the oil.
- Slowly whisk in the broth and allow it to thicken.
- Whisk in the remaining ingredients and simmer until sauce has thickened. Adjust seasoning with salt & pepper, to taste.
To make cashew cream: Boil 1 cup of raw cashews in water for 5 – 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool in water. Drain. Blend in a food processor or blender with 1 cup nut milk or water until smooth, scraping sides as needed.