- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced or grated ginger
- 2 pounds carrots (chopped or sliced)
- 1/2 pound potatoes (cubed)
- 6 – 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 15- ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon coarse salt (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large stockpot, heat olive oil to medium-high. Add onions and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the carrots and continue cooking for about 5 more minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Cover the pot and bring to a slow boil. Continue cooking until potatoes and carrots have softened, about 20 minutes.
- With an immersion blender (or in batches with a food processor), pureé the soup until smooth. Return to pot to warm and adjust seasoning with salt & pepper.