I know it’s been almost a week now, but I want to know how your Thanksgiving was. Did you eat and eat and eat and eat? Or did you just fill up your plate once? Our Thanksgiving was pretty good. It was super low key.We made a turkey, some stuffing, cranberry relish and mashed sweet potatoes. Just the basics, and I definitely went back for seconds.
The only thing we skipped was pumpkin pie. We got an apple tart from our bakery. We didn’t even bother making pies. I mean, why should we when we have a awesome French pastries right down the street? We ended up getting a beautiful apple tart that was amazing. Other than that we spent the day hanging out with Ellie and watching football.
I’ve been a little obsessed with Thanksgiving leftovers lately. I know. I’m not sorry. After I made Loaded Sweet Potato Scones last week, I had some leftover pureed sweet potato. Yes, I totally underestimated the size of my sweet potatoes when I was baking them. I ended up having 2 extra cups of sweet potato puree. I’m not complaining though because I ended up making this super creamy, dairy-free pasta dish. There isn’t a drop of cream or butter in it. So I’m pretty sure that makes it healthy. For some added flavor, I added fresh rosemary leaves and a little vegetable broth and topped it all off with some toasted pine nuts.
- 1 16-ounce package penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups pureed or mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 – 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- In a large stockpot, cook the pasta in salted water according to package directions for al dente.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil to medium. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant – about 1 minute.
- Whisk in sweet potato, vegetable broth, rosemary leaves, and salt until combined. Reduce heat to low and keep warm until pasta is ready.
- Strain pasta, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Toss pasta with the sauce and 1/2 of the pasta water. If needed, add the remaining pasta water to loosen the sauce before serving.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Last Updated on