This creamy one pan pasta recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BarillaPronto #OnePanPronto #CollectiveBias
Maybe your resolution this year wasn’t to lose weight. Maybe it was to eat at home more, and rely on takeout a little less. If that’s the case then this one pan pasta recipe is for you. It’s full of amazing things like creamy, flavorful mascarpone, but still balanced with vegetables and turkey sausage that makes it a little lighter.
This pasta was so easy to make, thanks to the Barilla® Pronto pasta that I found at Walmart. Have you heard of it before? Barilla Pronto Pasta is a product innovation that allows for one-pan meals to be created with no need to wait for water to boil, and no draining required. You use just enough liquid to make it al dente. It’s genius, and I’ve known about it for years. I’m kicking myself for not trying it sooner. It made this recipe so fast and easy to cook – and to clean with only one pot to wash.
This recipe is an updated version of a very old recipe. I’ve swapped the protein and the greens, but the flavor is still the same – maybe even better. I’m such a fan of mascarpone in pasta sauces. It melts beautifully and really compliments the flavors it’s paired with. The one downfall is that it’s hard to find in the grocery store, so check your deli section if you can’t find it in the cheese area.
- 5 Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 2 – 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups reduced-chicken broth
- 1 12-ounce box Barilla Pasta Pronto Penne
- 6 cups chopped kale (stems removed)
- 2/3 cup sliced sun dried tomatoes
- 1 container mascarpone cheese
- 2 – 3 tablespoons grated pecorino romano cheese
- Heat a large stockpot or Dutch oven to medium-high. Add sausage, breaking into pieces as it browns. Add garlic and continue cooking until fragrant – about 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, penne, kale and sun-dried tomatoes. Cover pot and allow liquid absorb fully – about 10 – 12 minutes.
- Stir in mascarpone and pecorino romano cheese until pasta is evenly coated.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Last Updated on