This creamy asparagus soup is super easy, and it’s dairy free, paleo, whole 30 and vegan friendly. You only need 5 ingredients! #soup #asparagus
- 2 – 3 pounds asparagus
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Heat a Dutch oven or large stockpot to medium-high.
- Add olive oil and onions with a pinch of salt. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and asparagus. Sauté until asparagus are slightly softened, about 5 more minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover pot and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for about 10 minutes, or until asparagus are fully softened.
- Remove from heat and blend soup until completely smooth.
- Stir in coconut milk before serving.
Keywords: asparagus, soup, creamy, dairy free, paleo, vegan