- 1 cup vegan butter or vegetable shortening
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 orange, zested
- 2 teaspoons orange blossom water (or 1 teaspoon orange extract)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (385g)
- 1 cup chopped dried cranberries
- Sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar with orange zest until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape sides as needed.
- Beat in the egg and orange blossom water.
- Gradually mix in the flour until incorporated.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Using the tines of a fork, make cross marks in the cookies to slightly flatten them (as pictured).
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes or until cookies are set on top and slightly golden on bottom.
- After about 5 minutes, transfer to cooling rack.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 109
- Sugar: 8.4 g
- Sodium: 61.6 mg
- Fat: 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.7 g
- Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 1.6 g
- Cholesterol: 6.2 mg
Keywords: Cranberry orange cookies, cranberry shortbread cookies, cranberry orange shortbread cookies, orange shortbread cookies, cranberry cookies, cranberry cookies recipe, orange cranberry cookies