These vegan cowgirl cookies loaded with coconut, chocolate and pecans. They’re amazing and so easy to make!
- 1 cup oats (I used old-fashioned rolled oats)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cashew milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, coconut, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugars, oil, milk alternative, maple syrup, ground flax seed and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients until combined, and stir in chocolate chips and pecan pieces.
- Using a cookie scoop to measure, roll dough into balls and place on parchment. Bake cookies for 10 – 12 minutes or until top of dough has fully set and looks golden brown. Remove from oven and allow cookies to rest before 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.