These cookie butter crispy treats are a simple, no bake dessert that’s ready in under 30 minutes and completely dairy free.
I have never made rice crispy treats before. Ever. In fact, I don’t even really like them that much. At least not the packaged kind (ick). But when I saw Rice Krispies cereal in a French grocery store, I immediately hoarded a box into our shopping cart. Like if I didn’t buy them right then and there, they might never return.
You see, there aren’t very many cereal choices for me here in France. I am definitely not a fan of the sweet, sugary cereals, and that seems to be all you can get here. Not to be insensitive, but it almost disgusts me how many choices of chocolate cereal there are. Luckily, I wasn’t allowed to eat that kind of cereal as a kid, so I never learned to like it and I would choose Crispix or granola over Cocoa Puffs any day.
Of course, I’ve been to the store several times since I purchased that box of Rice Krispies, and they are still always there, but I’m still glad I impulsively picked one up because it inspired me to make a delicious and super easy treat. I combined one of my favorite French (okay, maybe it’s really just European) flavors with a classic American recipe. Speculoos + Rice Krispies = wonderful.
To make these cookie butter crispy treats, you only need 4 ingredients. Butter (*update:* or dairy free margarine such as Smart Balance or vegan butter), marshmallows, cookie butter and cereal. You can find cookie butter at most grocery stores in the states, if you look for Biscoff spread. It has a red lid. I know Trader Joe’s also makes their own, but we’ve never lived near a store so I can’t tell you what it tastes like.
- 4 tablespoons dairy free margarine
- 1 10-ounce bag marshmallows
- 3/4 cup cookie butter spread
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Grease a square baking dish and set aside.
- In a large saucepan , melt butter and cookie butter over medium heat. Add marshmallows and allow them to melt, stirring occasionally until melted.
- In a large bowl, combine cereal and melted marshmallow mixture until evenly coated. Press mixture into the baking dish and allow the treats to cool completely before slicing or serving.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Last Updated on