Staying with my parents has made me want to eat all of my favorite childhood foods. Things that I love when my mom makes, but really never feel the need to make myself – like clams and linguini – which we’ve always, always referred to as clams and spaghetti even though we’ve never, ever made it with spaghetti. I guess it’s just one of those weird things.
No matter what we call it, I’ve been eating this meal since I was a kid – even if I didn’t always eat the clams. It’s one of my dad’s favorites, and my family has it on a very regular basis.
Clams and linguini is just possibly the easiest and quickest pasta dish you can make. In about 20 minutes, you can have a delicious pasta dish on the table. Plus it’s just fancy enough to make a regular weeknight meal feel special.
- 1 16-ounce package linguini
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 6.5-ounce cans chopped or minced clams in juice
- 1 8-ounce bottle clam juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- Grated pecorino or parmesan cheese (optional for serving)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a small sauce pan, heat olive oil to medium heat.
- Sauté garlic, crushed red peppers, and basil in the olive oil until fragrant.
- Add clams in their juice and clam juice.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until pasta is ready.
- When pasta is cooked, toss with clams and sauce.
- Serve with grated pecorino or parmesan cheese.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Last Updated on