These fried cinnamon apples are the best fall dessert or afternoon snack. The apple slices are slightly sweetened and sauteéd on the stovetop in under 30 minutes. Top with dairy free ice cream for a simple vegan dessert. #dairyfree #apples
- 6 – 8 apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Hudsonville Ice Cream’s Dairy Free Caramel Cookie Dough, for topping
- Combine apples, sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon in a large bowl and stir to until the apples evenly coated.
- Heat a large skillet to medium. Add olive oil and apple mixture.Allow apples to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
- Stir the cold water and cornstarch together in a separate bowl or container. Add to the pan and stir until evenly distributed.
- Allow the apples to continue cooking, until the liquid has thickened and apples are soft – about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Serve apples in a bowl topped with a scoop of caramel cookie dough ice cream.
Keywords: dairy free, vegan, easy, 5 ingredient