This pesto is an Asian inspired version of an Italian classic made with cilantro and other flavors that mimic those of a savory peanut sauce.
- 1 pound linguine or gluten-free pasta
- 1 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari sauce
- 3 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- Cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a food processor , add all of the ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Toss pasta with the sauce and serve with extra cilantro, peanuts and lime wedges.
Keywords: easy, dairy free, vegan, gluten free option