I don’t think I could possibly describe in words how much I love cilantro or how much I love peanut sauces or how much I love making pesto. Not to mention how much I love eating pasta. This might just be heaven for me.
Plus, it’s a quick and budget-friendly meal. You can’t get much better than that – unless you could make it calorie free. In which case, I would eat the entire pound of pasta all by myself.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it
Top make this recipe gluten free, swap your pasta for a gluten free pasta and use tamari sauce instead of soy sauce.
How to make cilantro peanut pesto
Just throw everything into the food processor, toss the pasta with the sauce and garnish with extra peanuts and cilantro. It really doesn’t get much easier than that.
More vegan pesto recipes:Print
This pesto is an Asian inspired version of an Italian classic made with cilantro and other flavors that mimic those of a savory peanut sauce.
- 1 pound linguine or gluten-free pasta
- 1 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari sauce
- 3 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- Cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a food processor, add all of the ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Toss pasta with the sauce and serve with extra cilantro, peanuts and lime wedges.
Keywords: easy, dairy free, vegan, gluten free option
Recipe adapted by Our Best Bites.
Last Updated on December 29, 2020 by Melissa Belanger