Why I love this cilantro lime shrimp recipe
The marinade for this shrimp recipe, which ends up becoming a beautifully simple sauce, only requires a few ingredients and can be made the night before if you want to make this the quickest week night meal ever.
The coconut rice is so fluffy and with a hint of sweetness to balance the acidity of the lime. It’s perfect for the weather because it’s light and requires very little time in front of the stove.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
How to make cilantro lime shrimp
Marinade the shrimp.
Make the coconut rice.
Sauté the shrimp.
Garnish and serve.
More shrimp recipes:
More easy dinner recipes:
- Honey mustard chicken thighs
- Baked turkey meatballs
- Maple glazed salmon
- Bruschetta chicken
- Instant Pot Mississippi pot roast
Soaked in a marinade of tangy lime juice and garlic and served with fresh cilantro and coconut rice, this simple recipe for cilantro lime shrimp is perfect for a quick, flavorful weeknight meal.
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 pound large, peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 – 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges (for garnish)
- In a bowl, whisk together cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper to make a marinade.
- In a large zip-top bag, combine shrimp with marinade and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- In a saucepan, combine coconut milk, water, salt and sugar. Bring to a boil and stir in rice.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cover pot. Simmer for 20 – 25 minutes – until rice is fluffy and liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat and allow rice to sit while preparing the shrimp.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the shrimp and its marinade. Sauté the shrimp, turning once, until completely shrimp is pink on both sides and sauce has slightly thickened – about 5 minutes.
- Serve shrimp with the sauce over rice and garnish with a lime wedge.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Last Updated on