This easy Christmas sangria recipe is made with red wine, brandy and cinnamon simple syrup. It’s topped with sparkling seltzer water for the best holiday party pitcher cocktail. Garnish with rosemary for a festive look.
- 1 bottle red wine
- 1/2 cup spiced simple syrup (see notes)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 chopped apple
- 1 sliced orange
- 1 cup cranberries
- 2 12-ounce cans sparkling seltzer water or club soda
- Fresh rosemary
- In a large pitcher, combine wine, orange juice, simple syrup and brandy. Stir to combine.
- Add fruit and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add seltzer water to pitcher before serving (or top each glass indivdually) over ice. Garnish with fresh rosemary.
To make spiced simple syrup: combine sugar and water in a large saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and transfer to a mason jar. Add 2 cinnamon sticks and 2 whole cloves. Refrigerate for for 24 hours to allow flavor to develop. Remove cinnamon and cloves before using.