The BEST Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies | This easy double chocolate chip cookies recipe makes the soft, chewy cookies with no butter. Dairy free, vegan option #chocolate #dairyfree
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips*
- Preheat oven to 350˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the shortening and the sugars until light and fluffy – about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, sugar, vanilla and cocoa powder. Continue beating until combined.
- Add flour mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time, scrapping sides with a rubber spatula, as needed.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop 2-tablespoon sized balls of dough a few inches apart on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 – 11 minutes. Remove cookies and allow them to cool on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
* Be sure to use dairy free chocolate chips
Keywords: cookies, dairy free, chocolate, chocolate chip cookies, double chocolate cookies