Make your breakfast a little sweeter with these easy chocolate chip waffles. This recipe makes the best homemade waffles. They’re crispy on the outside with light and fluffy center flecked with mini semi-sweet chocolate chips. Top with your favorite dairy free ice cream (we used Hudsonville!) for an extra indulgent treat.
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 – 2 pints Hudsonville’s Dairy Free Ice Cream
- Preheat waffle oven.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar and coarse salt.
- Add milk, canola oil, eggs and vanilla extract – one ingredient at a time – whisking until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Prepare waffles according to waffle maker directions*.
*The amount needed may vary by waffle iron.
Keywords: dairy free, chocolate, ice cream, waffle