- 1 small sweet onion, cut into chunks (or 1/2 large)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (about 1/2 tablespoon)
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 10-ounce can petite diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 large handfuls fresh cilantro (about 1/2 bunch)
- 2 chipotle peppers (from a can in adobo sauce)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Pulse the onion and garlic a few times in a food processor or blender.
- Add remaining ingredients and continue pulsing until you’ve reached your desired texture.
- Adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Transfer salsa to mason jars, or container of choice, and store in the refrigerator for up to one week.