This Chinese shrimp and broccoli recipe is a healthy and simple dinner dish that pairs well with rice and noodles. You’re going to love how quickly this Asian stir fry comes together, and the final results is so much better than anything you’ll get with takeout.
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the stir fry:
- 1 pound peeled, devained shrimp
- 4 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Whisk the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl or jar. Set aside.
- Steam broccoli in a large, microwave safe container for 3 minutes. Remove from microwave and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large, non-stick skillet or wok over medium-high. Add shrimp and cook, stirring as need until pink.
- Add water chestnuts and broccoli to the pan, stir in sauce. Cook until thickened. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Keywords: seafood, shrimp, dairy free, Chinese, healthy, one pot