This easy chicken tortilla soup is a quick and healthy rotisserie chicken recipe. It only takes 30 minutes on the stove top and you can make it as spicy as you want. Easily made gluten free. #rotisseriechicken #soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 whole cooked rotisserie chicken (meat only, roughly chopped)
- Crushed tortilla chips, for garnish
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- In a large stockpot or dutch over, heat olive oil to medium high. Add onions, celery, carrot and bell pepper. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent – about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for an additional two minutes.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, cumin, oregano, paprika and bay leaves. Cover pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes, or until carrots and celery are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for an additional 15 minutes, or until fully heated.
- To serve, top each bowl with a small amount of crushed tortilla chips and cilantro.
Keywords: healthy, spicy, easy, dairy free