These chicken sausage breakfast tacos are a great way to switch up your morning routine. They’re fresh, flavorful and so easy to make.
I am so excited to announce that I’ve teamed up with Jones Dairy Farm to bring you some awesome new breakfast recipes. As many of you may know, breakfast hasn’t always been my thing, mostly because I’m not much of a morning person. But, since I met my husband, it something that I’ve been trying to cook more often. Not only because Marc loves it, but because it opens a whole new realm of possibilities in my kitchen.
But, I’m also really excited about teaming up with Jones Dairy Farm because I love their products. They have an awesome variety of breakfast meats – including scrapple (my all time favorite breakfast food) – and they use quality ingredients to make to make them. The chicken sausages that I used in this recipe has no preservatives, MSG, or nitrites, so I can feel good about feeding them to my daughter (she loves them, by the way). Over the next few months, I’ll be featuring many of Jones Dairy Farm’s great products, and I’m so excited to share these recipes. I just know you’ll love them.
I know breakfast burritos are much more common, but all that wrapping is just too much work for me. I want breakfast to be easy, and delicious. So I went with a breakfast taco instead. These breakfast tacos are stuffed with savory chicken sausages, fluffy eggs and creamy queso fresco. Then I’ve topped them off with some fresh pico de gallo.
Using Jones Dairy Farm’s fully-cooked chicken sausage links makes this recipe super easy. They come frozen, but I popped mine in the fridge the night before to let them thaw. That way, they’re easy to slice and they cook really quickly. How easy is that? If you really want to make things easy, try making your pico de gallo the night before. Or use store-bought pico from the produce section of your grocery store.
Assemble the tacos however you want. I like to keep things simple in the morning, but really any of your usual taco toppings will work perfectly here. Add sour cream, guacamole, hot sauce, or a different kind of cheese. Anything you want. They’re your tacos.
For the pico de gallo:
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (plus, more to taste)
For the tacos:
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 #-ounce package Jones Dairy Farm chicken sausages, thawed and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- # ounces queso fresco, crumbled
- 8 flour tortillas
- In a large bowl, mix together the pico de gallo ingredients. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil to medium-high. Add the sausage and cumin and saute until heated through, about 2 minutes. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and continue to cook, stirring occasionally and scraping the edges of the pan, until eggs are have set.
To assemble the tacos:
- Fill each tortilla with a portion of the egg-sausage filling. Top with the crumbled queso fresco and pico de gallo.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
For more delicious recipes featuring Jones Dairy Farm products, visit www.JonesDairyFarm.com or follow the company on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
To find Jones Dairy Farm products in a grocery store near you, check out this handy, dandy product locator: http://www.jonesdairyfarm.com/product-locator. And remember, you can find Jones’ fully-cooked sausage in the freezer section!
This post is sponsored by Jones Dairy Farm as a part of my brand ambassadorship with them. All opinions, ideas and recipes are my own. Thanks for supporting Simply Whisked and its sponsors.
Last Updated on