For the chilaquiles:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups chopped or shredded cooked chicken
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups tomatillo avocado salsa
- 7 – 8 ounces tortilla strips or chips
- Tomatoes, chopped
- Black olives, chopped
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Heat a large, ovenproof skillet to medium-high. Add olive oil, onion, garlic and salt. Sauté until translucent, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add chicken and continue to cook for another minute.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add beans. Stir until mixed and set aside.
- Pour chicken broth and salsa into pan. Bring to a boil and reduce by half, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a separate bowl.
- Layer tortilla strips, chicken/bean mixture and broth mixture.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with desired toppings before serving.
Keywords: dairy free, gluten free, chicken, egg free