This simple, caramelized onion dip is a creamy, vegan take on everyone’s favorite appetizer – minus the sour cream. Serve it cold with Cape Cod Waves® for a dairy free snack that’s perfect for holidays and football parties.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 sweet onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup cashews, soaked in water overnight
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (or soy sauce/coconut amigos for vegan)
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 – 2 bags Cape Cod Waves® potato chips, for serving
- Heat a large skillet to medium. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, chopped onions and a pinch of coarse salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and caramelized. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a food processor or blender, soaked cashews, coconut cream, minced onion, salt, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and remaining olive oil. Blend until smooth. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Stir in caramelized onions until evenly distributed. Adjust seasoning with salt, to taste.
- Serve with Cape Cod Waves®.