I’m back! After packing for days, having our move delayed by several days and one really horrible flight later, I’m finally back. It feels like forever since I’ve shared a recipe with you, which makes me sad, because I really missed it. Luckily, I have a really awesome comeback recipe for you.
This caprese quinoa salad is inspired by my recent Mediterranean quinoa and bean salad recipe. It is packed with flavor, easy to make and really, really good for you. Because it’s got quinoa in it. I honestly don’t know what I like better, the quinoa, the mozzarella cheese, or the fresh basil. Yum.
To make this salad, I measured the quinoa once it was cooked, but for those of you who prefer the dry ingredient measurement, 3 cups of cooked quinoa = 1 cup uncooked. Make sure you rinse the quinoa before you cook it though, or it’ll be more bitter than you would like. Other than that, the recipe is beyond easy, and keeps in the fridge for several days (if you can keep it that long without eating it first) making it perfect for a quick and easy side dish.
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped
- Small bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, chopped
- Balsamic reduction
- In a large bowl, stir together tomatoes, basil, olive oil, granulated garlic, salt & pepper.
- Add the quinoa and mozzarella. Stir to combine.
- Allow salad to rest for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction before serving.
Recipe adapted from PEPIEPLD.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Last Updated on