Butternut squash pasta sauce | This easy, vegan recipe uses coconut milk and a creamy, dairy free sauce that’s a healthy alternative to macaroni and cheese. #butternutsquash #dairyfree
- 1 10-ounce package frozen riced butternut squash
- 1/2 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mustard
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons – 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Cook the riced butternut squash according to package directions.* Transfer to a blender.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until completely smooth.
- Add to pasta just before serving.
If you can’t find frozen butternut squash, roast 10 ounces of cubed butternut squash in a 400˚F oven for about 45 minutes (or until soft).