This buffalo chicken chili is a hearty, go-to meal that can be ready pretty quickly. The buffalo flavor is the perfect amount of spicy. Make this for your next football game, everyone will love it!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 cup water (or reduced-sodium broth)
- 1 15-ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 15-ounce cans chili beans, with sauce
- 2 tablespoos chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- In a large stockpot or dutch oven , heat olive oil to medium-high. Add the bell pepper, onion, celery and garlic. Sauté until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add ground chicken. Breaking up the meat as chicken browns, cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add water, tomatoes, beans, chili powder, cumin, bay leaf, buffalo sauce, and salt & pepper. Bring to a simmer.
- Cover and allow chili to cook for at least 15 minutes, simmering to desired thickness.
- Before serving, remove bay leaf and adjust seasoning with salt & pepper, to taste.
Keywords: easy, dairy free, egg free, healthy, chili, beans, buffalo