Summer is right around the corner and that means tomatoes are going to be back in season. Before we left France, the tomatoes were delicious looking so I made a big batch of bruschetta and then made some bruschetta chicken with it for dinner. It was full of flavor and completely refreshing – absolutely perfect for the spring and summer seasons when you want something light to eat.
I made the original recipe for Simple Tomato Basil Bruschetta a while back for a big event – a library fundraiser. The original recipe was for a crowd of about 50 and I just recently added a smaller version of the recipe to the original post. You could easily make the whole back and use half for the Bruschetta Chicken and the other half for bruschetta on crostini.
Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Garlic powder or granulated garlic
- Salt & pepper
- 1 recipe Simple Tomato Basil Bruschetta
- Prepare bruschetta according to recipe directions – refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat grill to medium-high, indirect heat.
- Pound chicken breasts until they are an even 1-inch thickness. Liberally season with garlic, salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken for about 5 – 6 minutes per side, or until it has reached an internal temperature of 165˚F.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove from grill and top with a large serving of bruschetta.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg