A few simple ingredients turn this easy pasta with broccoli recipe into dairy free weeknight perfection, and it can be ready in under 20 minutes! Make it vegan with a one simple swap.
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1 16-ounce package rigatoni
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Coarse salt
- Place broccoli in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 4 minutes at full power.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions for al dente in a large pot of salted water. Before draining, reserve 1/2 – 1 cup pasta water.
- Heat a saucepan to medium. Add olive oil, garlic and pepper flakes. Sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in anchovy paste and nutritional yeast with a few tablespoons of reserved pasta water until the ingredients dissolve and a sauce is formed.
- Combine sauce with broccoli and pasta, adding additional pasta water, as needed, until everything is evenly coated with sauce.
- Serve immediately
Keywords: broccoli pasta, pasta with broccoli, easy pasta recipe, dairy free dinner