This easy, make-ahead brandy slush recipe is a year-round staple in Wisconsin, but it’s especially popular around the holidays because it makes enough for a crowd. Garnish them with whole cranberries and fresh rosemary for the perfect Christmas drink! #ChristmasDrinks #Cocktails
For the sweet tea syrup:
- 4 tea bags*
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
For the brandy slush:
- 1 12-ounce container frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 12-ounce container frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups brandy
- 6 cups water
- Club soda, seltzer water, or lemon lime soda
- Orange slices
- Heat a large saucepan to medium-high. Add 2 cups water and sugar and heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring as needed. Remove from heat and add tea bags. Steep until cooled and discard tea bags.
- Add tea syrup to a large freezer friendly container with remaining ingredients. Stir and cover with a an airtight lid.
- Freeze overnight, or for a minimum of 6 hours.
- To serve, scoop brandy slush into glasses and top with seltzer or soda. Garnish with an orange slice.
*Traditionally this recipe is made with green or black tea, but I used a vanilla rooibos and it added the most amazing flavor to the brandy slush. Feel free to use what you have on hand, but you’ll want to use a real tea, not an herbal or infusion.
Keywords: frozen, cocktail, brandy, alcohol, make ahead, batch cocktails