Brandy slush is a Wisconsin favorite during the holiday season. This delicious brandy cocktail is infused with flavors of citrus and tea, and it’s perfect for making in advance for parties. Garnish with fresh cranberries and rosemary for a festive look.
For the sweet tea syrup:
- 4 tea bags*
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
For the brandy slush:
- 1 12-ounce container frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 12-ounce container frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups brandy
- 6 cups water
- Club soda, seltzer water, or lemon lime soda
- Orange slices
- Heat a large saucepan to medium-high. Add 2 cups water and sugar and heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring as needed. Remove from heat and add tea bags. Steep until cooled and discard tea bags.
- Add tea syrup to a large freezer friendly container with remaining ingredients. Stir and cover with a an airtight lid.
- Freeze overnight, or for a minimum of 6 hours.
- To serve, scoop brandy slush into glasses and top with seltzer or soda. Garnish with an orange slice.
*Traditionally this recipe is made with green or black tea, but I used a vanilla rooibos and it added the most amazing flavor to the brandy slush. Feel free to use what you have on hand, but you’ll want to use a real tea, not an herbal or infusion.
Keywords: frozen, cocktail, brandy, alcohol, make ahead, batch cocktails