Made with a combination of creamy coconut and almond milk and vegan buttery spread, these are seriously the best dairy free mashed potatoes. The recipe is super easy to make and these creamy, garlic mashed potatoes are sure to please every guest at your table. Plus, they can even be made in the slow cooker or Instant Pot!
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup almond milk (or other dairy free milk)
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 4 – 6 tablespoons vegan buttery spread
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh chives (optional)
- Place potatoes and garlic cloves in a large saucepan or stockpot and cover completely with water. Bring to a boil.
- Cook until potatoes are tender and break easily with a fork. Remove from heat, drain and return to pot.
- Add milks and buttery spread. Mash with a potato masher or mix with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Adjust seasoning with salt & pepper to taste and top with chives before serving.
Keywords: dairy free, vegan, gluten free, easy, basics, potato