This post was sponsored by KC Masterpiece and Data Rank Inc. All opinions are my own.
Last week, we had the most amazing BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza. I’ve always loved BBQ chicken pizzas and this simple twist makes it easier to enjoy on a regular basis. I’ve never made a French bread pizza before, but I’m officially converted. The possibilities are endless. Plus, the French bread was only a dollar at the grocery store bakery.
Just to clarify, you don’t want to use a baguette. This is more of a French bread loaf, comparable to actual pain you can buy at a French boulangerie, and it’s much wider than a baguette. You’ll want this because it gives you more space than a baguette, giving you more topping surface. They also tend to be softer, so you won’t end up with a giant cracker.
Back to the pizza. It’s so easy to make. It only really takes 5 minutes to get it ready and another 15 minutes to bake it, so it makes a quick weeknight meal. It would also make a great appetizer for your next barbecue. You could even grill them if you want. Either way, all you have to do is slice the bread in half and add the toppings before baking until the bread is nice and toasty and the cheese is melted.
Once the pizzas are done, allow them to cool so you can top slice them. This is when you’d want to add the cilantro, if you choose to do so. If you’re serving them as an appetizer, try slicing them into a breadstick size. If you’re serving them as a meal, cut each have into thirds (or whatever size you want) for a bigger helping.
This recipe is a great way to use up leftover chicken. You could use your leftover barbecue chicken from Memorial Day, or you can quickly sauté a single boneless, skinless breast if you don’t have any leftovers.
P.S. You might also like these quick and easy bbq chicken tacos with fresh pineapple salsa.
BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 1 French bread loaf
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 8-ounce package shredded pizza blend cheese (or cheddar cheese)
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- Slice French bread in half, lengthwise. Spread barbecue sauce evenly over both halves of bread. Top with shredded cheese, chopped chicken and red onion.
- Bake bread halves on a parchment lined baking sheet for 12 – 15 minutes, or until bread is well toasted and cheese is completely melted.
- Allow pizzas to cool for 5 minutes before topping with fresh cilantro and slicing.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
*This post was sponsored by KC Masterpiece (via DataRank Inc.). I was compensated for the time I spent developing this recipe and writing this post. Everything I’ve written in this post is based on my own opinion and none of the content was influenced by my compensation.