Why you’ll love this basil vinaigrette
- Even though I absolutely love pesto, making basil vinaigrette is a great alternative to use all that basil from you garden or farmer’s market haul, and it’s just as simple to make.
- This dressing is perfect for summer. We love to drizzle it on fresh, sliced tomatoes to make what might be the easiest salad ever.
- If you don’t feel like using it on tomatoes, it would also be really great on my grilled peach salad or roasted vegetable pasta salad.
How to make basil vinaigrette
Blend the ingredients. Add everything to the bowl of a food processor. Blend until smooth. To taste, adjust seasoning with salt & pepper.
Alternatively, you can finely chop the basil and whisk the ingredients together in a mixing bowl. The dressing won’t be as smooth, but it will still be great.
Store and chill. Transfer the dressing to a mason jar or other refrigerator container. Cover and store the dressing in the fridge until you’re ready to use it. This basil vinaigrette should last for up to 1 week in the fridge.
Use as desired. Before using, take the vinaigrette out of the fridge and let it warm up a bit before using it as desired. This allows the oil to warm up and come to the original consistency from when you made it.
frequently asked questions: basil vinaigrette
For this recipe, I suggest using champagne vinegar if you can find it. You could substitute a white wine vinegar if you only have those on hand. Using a different type of vinegar will change the flavor slightly, but no matter which you choose you will end up with a delicious dressing.
I recommend storing this in the refrigerator after you make it. It will preserve the flavor and make the homemade dressing last longer.
This homemade basil salad dressing should last for about 5-7 days if you store it properly. As mentioned before, store this in the fridge!
More basil flavored recipes you will love
- Arugula zucchini salad
- Spinach basil pesto sauce
- Walnut crusted salmon with basil walnut pesto
- Summer farro salad
More dairy free salad dressing recipes to try
- Creamy Italian dressing recipe
- Japanese salad dressing
- Easy caesar salad dressing recipe
- How to make balsamic glaze
- Easy dijon vinaigrette
If you have tons of fresh basil, you have to try this easy-to-make basil vinaigrette. It’s delicious and beautiful, and this vibrant basil salad dressing tastes great on a variety of salads. Try it on a fancy zucchini salad or drizzle it over fresh sliced tomatoes for a simple summer side dish.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: Condiments
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Italian/American
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup champagne vin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a mason jar or other airtight container. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serving Size: Two Tablespoons
- Calories: 93
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 145.8 mg
- Fat: 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.4 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 0.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: basil vinaigrette, basil salad dressing, basil dressing
Last Updated on June 8, 2022 by Melissa Belanger
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.