No parmesan here. This easy chicken marinara can be made in the oven. It’s a little bit healthy but still plenty crispy, made with a mix of cornflake and Panko breadcrumbs.
- 1/2 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt + 1 pinch
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1″ thickness
- 1 cup marinara sauce (store bought or homemade)
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Using a meat mallet, pound the chicken to a 1 inch thickness.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg with 1 – 2 tablespoons of water. In a separate bowl, mix together the cornflake crumbs, Panko, garlic, parsley, and salt & pepper.
- Dip the chicken into the egg mixture, followed by the breading mixture until completely coated on both sides.
- Transfer breaded chicken to a baking sheet. Spray with olive oil or cooking spray (optional).
- Bake the chicken for about 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165˚F.
- Remove from oven and top with marinara sauce and a slice of cheese (vegan or optional). Return pan to the oven and cook for an additional 2 minutes to melt cheese.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 425
- Sugar: 4.5 g
- Sodium: 801.4 mg
- Fat: 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.7 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 64.8 g
- Cholesterol: 246.4 mg