Ever since I was introduced to it, I have really enjoyed curry. That was about five years ago, but it took me a long time to attempt cooking with it. Well, except for a few failed attempts at making jarred curry sauces (yuck!). This was my first successful attempt at using curry powder in the kitchen, and I’m really pleased with how it turned out. In fact, I love it. This recipe for autumn chicken and vegetable curry uses seasonal fall vegetables, and it’s a lot easier than you may think.
Serve with cilantro (don’t skip this!) and light sour cream.
Autumn Chicken and Vegetable Curry
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chicken breast, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup diced sweet potato
- 1 cup small cauliflower florets
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- Light sour cream or Greek yogurt, for serving
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken until no longer pink.
- Add sweet potato; cook for 3 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, onion, and garlic; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add curry powder and broth; stir to combine.
- Add tomatoes, chickpeas and salt; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until sauce has thickened and vegetables are tender.
- Serve with chopped cilantro and sour cream.
Recipe adapted from My Recipes.