Store-bought crust and whole asparagus spears make this dairy free asparagus bacon quiche simple to make, yet beautiful enough to serve at any gathering.
- 2 pre-made pie crusts
- 5 – 6 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- 2 – 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 bunch asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg + 2 tablespoons water, whisked together
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Arrange the pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a medium bow, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, bacon bits, chives, salt & pepper. Pour into prepared crust.
- Arrange asparagus as desired, and brush the crust with egg wash.
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes or until eggs are fully set and pie crust is golden brown.
- Allow quiche to cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing.