This easy, homemade almond cheese recipe is a great vegan alternative to traditional cheese ball. It takes very little time to throw together and makes a flavorful, soft cheese that’s the perfect addition to any charcuterie board.
- 1 1/2 cups slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (1 clove)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender. Process until smooth, adding 1 – 2 tablespoons of water if needed.
- Transfer mixture to a cheesecloth, shape into a ball and twist closed over the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Set cheeseball/spoon over a bowl, making sure there is plenty of air space around the cheesecloth.
- Refrigerate and allow almond cheese to dry out for 2 – 4 days. The almond cheese should firm but spreadable.
- Make sure there is plenty of space between your cheesecloth and the container it’s in. It needs air allow it to dry out.
- Feel free to substitute the olive oil for an additional tablespoon of coconut oil.
Keywords: dairy free, vegan, egg free, gluten free, paleo, basics, easy, 5 ingredient