Sometimes life makes things a little hard for you and you just have to make the best of things, and sometimes you’re so busy having a great day, that you just don’t have time to cook. I think I’m having one of those days today. The bad one, not the fun, busy one. I haven’t quite resigned myself to a “bad” day yet though. I’m holding on to optimism that tonight’s girls night/friends’ birthday celebration will turn things around. Only time will tell.
Anyway, it’s days like these when you need a quick, tasty meal that doesn’t pack a lot of calories. This recipe is absolutely perfect for that. I’ve made a simple recipe of honey garlic shrimp with only 5 ingredients – the kind you probably do and definitely should have in your pantry.
I served my shrimp with some jasmine rice and some zucchini noodles, which I sautéd for about 2 minutes in the same pan as the shrimp after I removed it. It’s a quick, healthy and easy meal. What more could you ask for?
Oh, and don’t forget to top it with some sesame seeds to make it pretty.Print
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- In a large bowl, whisk together ginger, garlic, honey and soy sauce. Add shrimp and let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes – 1 hour before cooking.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and sauté in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, about 1 minute per side.
- Add remaining marinade and bring to a strong simmer. Let cook for an additional minute. Remove from heat.
Recipe adapted from The Cooking Jar.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Last Updated on