Why I love this honey garlic shrimp recipe
Sometimes life makes things a little hard for you and you just have to make the best of things, and sometimes you’re so busy having a great day, that you just don’t have time to cook.
I think I’m having one of those days today. The bad one, not the fun, busy one. I haven’t quite resigned myself to a “bad” day yet though. I’m holding on to optimism that tonight’s girls night/friends’ birthday celebration will turn things around. Only time will tell.
Anyway, it’s days like these when you need a quick, tasty meal that doesn’t pack a lot of calories. This recipe is absolutely perfect for that. I’ve made a simple recipe of honey garlic shrimp with only 5 ingredients – the kind you probably do and definitely should have in your pantry.
More shrimp recipes
- cilantro lime shrimp with coconut rice
- grilled cilantro pesto shrimp skewers
- easy shrimp salad
- shrimp macaroni salad
- shrimp scampi pasta
I served my shrimp with some jasmine rice and some zucchini noodles, which I sautéd for about 2 minutes in the same pan as the shrimp after I removed it. It’s a quick, healthy and easy meal. What more could you ask for?
Oh, and don’t forget to top it with some sesame seeds to make it pretty.
This recipe would be great with:Print
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- In a large bowl, whisk together ginger, garlic, honey and soy sauce. Add shrimp and let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes – 1 hour before cooking.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and sauté in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, about 1 minute per side.
- Add remaining marinade and bring to a strong simmer. Let cook for an additional minute. Remove from heat.
Recipe adapted from The Cooking Jar.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Last Updated on