These simple turkey bacon apple wraps are stuffed with peppery arugula and topped with homemade dairy free ranch dressing.
A few weeks ago, my mom, Ellie and I went shopping in a nearby town. The mall there has some stores that we don’t have here, and we needed to get presents for a wedding shower we were going to attend. Of course, we have to have lunch, so we stopped at a brunch restaurant called SAP. I had always wanted to try it, but I had never been there at the right time.
The restaurant was totally packed so we browsed next door at Penzey’s while we waited and then sat at stared at a pretty amazing dessert case for a while, too. I ordered the house roasted organic turkey wrap, which was unbelievably amazing. It was stuffed with turkey, havarti cheese, bacon, apple, arugula and homemade ranch. In the moment, it seemed like the best thing I’d ever eaten.
So naturally, I had to make it when I got home. The next week, I roasted a turkey breast and gathered all the ingredients for us to make it for dinner. Of course, I got myself the havarti cheese, but I had to make some dairy free ranch so that Marc could enjoy it too.
The amount you put in your wrap will depend on the size of your wrap itself. I bought the biggest ones in the grocery store – burrito size – but my wraps were still significantly smaller than the restaurant wrap. Also, try microwaving your wrap for 10 – 20 seconds to make it more pliable.
Turkey Bacon Apple Wraps with Dairy Free Ranch Dressing
For the dairy free ranch:
- ¾ cup canola oil mayonnaise
- ¾ cup vegan sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small bunch of fresh chives (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 small bunch of fresh parsley (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ - ½ cup dairy or lactose free milk (depending on desired thickness)
For the wraps:
- Large tortilla wraps
- Baby arugula
- Roasted turkey breast, sliced or chopped
- Cooked bacon slices
- Granny Smith apples, julienned
- In a food processor or blender, process the dressing ingredients until smooth. Set aside or refrigerate until ready to use.
- Fill each tortilla wrap with arugula, turkey, bacon, and apples. Top with dairy free ranch dressing.
- Roll tightly, securing with toothpicks if necessary.
14 Days to Dairy Free
Join the 2 week challenge where you'll learn everything you need to change your diet and your life.
Starting in 2018, you'll get a new lesson each day with actionable steps to help you reach your dairy free goals.