This recipe was created by me as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars and Folgers Flavors. The coffee was customized by Folgers Flavors. However, I would never be anything other than honest with you guys, so all opinions and ideas are my own. #remixyourcoffee
Ever feel like you just can’t get through the day? Lately, that’s all I’ve been feeling. There are literally so many things I want to do before the baby comes and I just can’t seem to get anything accomplished. Like today for example, we went out with the goal of getting everything I need for my hospital bag (you have to provide more things here like your own diapers, etc. during your four day hospital stay), and we came back with very little of it. Little did I know that you have to buy baby wash and a few other things at the pharmacy rather than at any regular store. Even though we did get quite a few things, it still felt like our efforts were unsuccessful.
On days like these, you just need to keep things simple. Just like these pie crust cookies. I took some prepared pie crust and cut out some circles (you could totally use any shape cookie cutter though). Then I sprinkled them with a really easy sugar and spice blend.
They were baked until they were just crispy and then I drizzled a two-ingredient glaze over them to sweeten them up even more. I mean, if you’re going to have something sweet, you might as well go for it.
Anyway, these have been the perfect afternoon pick-me up lately. They go great with a hot cup of coffee, and even better when you customize that coffee with Folgers Flavors. In case you don’t know about Folgers Flavors, I’ll fill you in. They’re these awesome new coffee mix-ins that come in tiny little bottles. I got to sample a few of the flavors, but the caramel was by far my favorite. The best part is, you can bring them with you anywhere and you can add as much – or as little – as you’d like.
It’s the perfect way to get your favorite cup of coffee everyday. As for the cookies, you probably shouldn’t be like me and eat most of them in one sitting.
Sugar & Spice Pie Crust Cookies + Folgers Flavors
Yield 24 cookies
- For the cookies:
- 2 prepared pie crusts
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 - 3 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, water and vanilla extract to create an egg wash. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, stir together the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom. Set aside.
- Roll out pie crusts and use a cookie or biscuit cutter to create shapes. Liberally brush the egg wash over the cookies and sprinkle with sugar and spice blend. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes, or until cookies are slightly crispy but not overly browned. Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk. When cookies are completely cooled, drizzle the cookies with the glaze. Allow glaze to dry before serving.
14 Days to Dairy Free
Join the 2 week challenge where you'll learn everything you need to change your diet and your life.
Starting in 2018, you'll get a new lesson each day with actionable steps to help you reach your dairy free goals.