Do you wish you could eat dessert before dinner? Well I have finally created the perfect recipe for you. These strawberry mascarpone crostini are the appetizer for you. They’re sweet little bites of bliss. Crispy, toasted crostini topped with creamy, light mascarpone cheese sweetened just enough with a hint of vanilla – I got the idea from my baked apples with whipped vanilla mascarpone. Finished off with strawberries and the tiniest hint of mint.
I made these for my friend’s bachelorette party back in April, and they were a great choice for the event. I really struggle with choosing food to serve at events like this, but these were perfect – light and refreshing – especially since we were heading to dinner and a night out after. I would imagine they’d be a great choice for a bridal or baby shower, too. Really anywhere that finger food is the easiest option. The color really brings a buffet table to life, and they would be a nice breather from heavy dips and other salty appetizers.
- 1 baguette, sliced into ½" thick pieces
- Butter flavored cooking spray
- 8 ounces mascarpone
- 4 ounces ⅓ less fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- Fresh mint, finely chopped (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray each baguette slice liberally with cooking spray. Toast for 5 - 8 minutes, until crostini are fully toasted and slightly browned. Remove from oven and set aside. (This can be done in advance, but toast for the lowest amount of time to prevent crostini from getting to crusty while stored)
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, whip the ingredients until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.