This recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. As always, all recipes, opinions and ideas are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make it possible for me continue bringing you recipes like these spicy Mexican chicken sliders. #KingOfFlavor #CollectiveBias
The big game is right around the corner. Is your favorite team in the running for playoffs? Will you be cheering them on this February or will you be watching for the commercials? Either way, I’m sure you’re really excited for the food. Aren’t we all? I’ve been practicing my football food game by testing out some recipes early this year, and I think I’ve found my MVP – spicy Mexican chicken sliders made with El Yucateco® hot sauce from Walmart.
El Yucateco® sauces are made from hand picked habaneros and handcrafted to deliver rich flavor with just the right amount of heat. It’s a fun, flavorful brand that people love – they even sell mini-bottles for your pocket or purse. El Yucateco® is giving entrants the chance to win one-of-a-kind tailgating and homegating packages and MORE! So make sure you enter the giveaway.
To make these Mexican chicken sliders extra flavorful, I used Green Habanero Hot Sauce, fresh cilantro, green onion, cumin and garlic to create simple, but flavorful patties that can be baked in the oven (or grilled, if you want). I think having the burgers prepped and ready to go makes hosting a football party so much simpler. You can even have the toppings all ready and the buns sliced, so you can actually watch a play or two – and some commercials.
I topped our sliders with sliced American cheese, because it’s a classic and it seems appropriate for America’s favorite game. If you want to spice them up a little more, you should definitely try some pepperjack cheese, or leave the cheese off a few for your dairy-free friends.
Spicy Mexican Chicken Sliders
Prep 10 minutes
Cook 25 minutes
Total 35 minutes
Servings 12 sliders
For the sliders:
- 2 pounds lean ground chicken (or turkey)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 - 3 tablespoons El Yucateco® Green Habanero Sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- Black pepper, to taste
For the toppings:
- American cheese slices
- Slider buns
- Roma tomatoes, sliced
- Sweet onion, sliced
- Romaine or green leaf lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together all burger ingredients until evenly combine.
- Divide mixture into evenly-sized slider patties. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165˚F. If adding cheese, top patties with about 2 minutes left in baking time.