These rocky road brownie cookies are a quick and easy treat. They can easily be made dairy free with a simple swap to dairy free brownie mix and chocolate chips.
I have been meaning to make cookies from brownie mix forever, but I couldn’t decide on a recipe. There are so many delicious things you can do with a box of brownie – or cake – mix, and there’s a surprising amount of mixes that are dairy free. Yes. Dairy free cake and brownie mix. Who would have thought? I made these Mexican chocolate cupcakes with a dairy free cake mix, too.
While, I’m sure that means they are filled with less than natural ingredients (hopefully not too many), it’s nice to know that we can enjoy a shortcut treat every now and then. Everyone deserves a quick treat, right?
I added a little extra flour and altered the ratio of eggs/oil/brownie mix to get the perfect consistency for cookie dough. Then I stirred in chocolate chips, mini marshmallows and sliced almonds. The marshmallows that get stirred in melt down a little, leaving behind flavor, but hiding from sight. So I topped the cookies with a little extra just for looks.
Rocky Road Brownie Cookies
Yield 2 dozen
- 1 18.4-ounce brownie mix (dry mix only)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds + extra for topping
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows + extra for topping
- Preheat oven to 375˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ingredients until combine.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop two-tablespoon balls of dough about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Top with a few mini marshmallows and extra almonds.
- Bake cookies for 9 - 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool for about two minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.