It’s been so long since I’ve written anything, I almost can’t believe it. I’ve been slowly getting back into the swing of things since Ellie’s arrival, and I’m just starting to cook again. Thankfully, my parents have been here helping us out and keeping the house clean while we get used to having a really cute baby around.
This pasta dish, with its roasted sweet potato, is unbelievably good. I made it a few weeks before Ellie was born, and I’ve been dying to have it ever since. So when I was finally feeling up to cooking, it was my top priority. The best part is that the cilantro tahini sauce doesn’t even have to be cooked. It’s just whisked together while the pasta and sweet potato cook and added in when everything is tossed together, which is perfect when you’re trying to squeeze meals in while your newborn naps.
Roasted Sweet Potato and Linguini with Cilantro Tahini Sauce
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- Salt & pepper
- 8 ounces linguini pasta
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Place sweet potatoes on a parchment lined baking sheet and season liberally with salt and pepper. Roast for about 25 minutes, until tender.
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions for al dente.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. When pasta is cooked, toss with roasted sweet potatoes and sauce. Serve immediately.