Just before Marc and I went to Thailand, we took the train to Almaty. It was a long ride. We needed food, but I wanted to be careful not to bring anything that would spoil. This no mayo tuna salad was the perfect option – protein to keep us full and an oil-based dressing to bring the flavor. Plus, it stayed pretty cold in a our makeshift cooler (i.e. a tote bag with frozen water bottles in it). We’re so classy when we take the train.
There really isn’t much else to say about this. It’s just tuna salad without mayo. It’s really not that special. Eat it on a sandwich or a bed of lettuce or just out of the bowl or with some crackers or in a wrap. Just eat it because it’s good.
No Mayo Tuna Salad
- 3 cans tuna, drained
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, flake the tuna with a fork.
- Add celery, carrot, onion and bell pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, and mustard (or shake together in a jar).
- Pour dressing into salad and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
14 Days to Dairy Free
Join the 2 week challenge where you'll learn everything you need to change your diet and your life.
Starting in 2018, you'll get a new lesson each day with actionable steps to help you reach your dairy free goals.