Kale and Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad
Yield 8 servings
- 4 ounces prosciutto pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded
- 6 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Heat a skillet to medium-high. Cook prosciutto pieces, stirring occasionally, until crispy and fat has cooked down. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large salad bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, honey and salt & pepper. Whisk until smooth.
- Add Brussels sprouts, kale, cranberries, almonds and prosciutto. Toss to coat salad with dressing.
- Allow salad to stand for about 10 - 15 minutes to allow flavors to develop.
Recipe by Simply Whisked at http://www.simplywhisked.com/kale-shredded-brussels-sprouts-salad/